An Adult Forum is offered almost every Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m. in the Chapel. We started out our fall program with a 4-week study of the Gospel of John. In the next couple of months, we will be taking a look at the Letter of James and getting an introduction to the Gospel of Luke. During the past year participants have engaged in conversation around various Biblical studies, topics and issues such as:
- The ELCA Social Statement on "The Church and Criminal Justice: Hearing the Cries"
- The development of the new Youth Jail in King County
- The ELCA Social Statement on "The Care of Creation"
- The Priorities for Justice and Peace within the Congregation
- Readings from the the Gospel of Mark
- The Theology of Atonement and Redemption
- John Dominic Crossan's "The Power of Parable"
- Walter Brueggemann's "Embracing the Prophets in Contemporary Culture"
- Sister Joan Chittester's lectures on "The Radical Call to Discipleship"
- The ELCA Statement on "A Sufficient, Sustainable Livelihood for All"
- John Dominic Crossan's "The Greatest Prayer"
You can see by this summary that the focus for this congregation is making a connection between our faith and the world in which we live. As we move into the fall program, come and join in the conversation as we explore how we can embody the reign of God in our daily lives and give testimony and witness to the love of God in our society and throughout the world.